Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Journey to Jeolla Nam Do - Introduction

For me, there is something so empowering and so inspiring to realize that no one else in the world knows exactly where I am. To awaken in a strange place is one of the most pleasant sensations in the world. You are surrounded by adventure. You have no idea of what is in store for you, but if you are wise and know the art of travel, you will let yourself go with the flow of the unknown and accept whatever comes in the spirit in which the universe may offer it. This was my perpetual state of being last weekend, a 3-day Korean national holiday honoring Buddha's birthday. Usually not one to fancy group travel, I had no reservations about booking my first real excursion a la "package tour". Rather, I had great hopes that it would allow me the freedom and confidence to explore a new area, encounter other independent travelers and engage in interesting and exotic experiences. All I had to do was click and pay, and I was on my way!

Please enjoy the 3 separate blog entries that follow, which constitute the essence of my first excursion in South Korea!

No comments:

Post a Comment