Saturday, June 12, 2010

Fish Food?

After a long and busy week there's nothing more relaxing than soaking in a hot tub, stretching out in a sauna or splurging on a special spa treatment, which is exactly what I did last Sunday evening. While visiting a new-to-me jimjibang, I scrubbed down, soaked in a medicinal herb bath, steamed out Saturday night's toxins and then shelled out 3000 won (approximately $2.40) to be eaten alive by hundreds of fish! Although it may sound gruesome, you can dispel any visions of piranha-like flesh stripping. This exotic and exquisite experience was the ultimate in spa treatments for a woman with a personal foot fetish. So, for 30 minutes I sat and dangled my feet in a tank full of Garra rufa, a species of fish that gently nibble and bite away dead skin, leaving me with perfectly smooth and soft tootsies. As gingerly as I submerged my feet into the cool clear water, these tiny nibblers feasted on my flesh until my ecstasy turned into peals of laughter and I had to periodically interrupt this piscine pedicure. The sensation was something between hundreds of tweezers and tiny suction cups gently pecking at my toes, heals and arches. While this special spa service was nothing that a brisk pumice stone couldn't achieve, it was far more fetish-fulfilling and fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment