Tuesday, February 9, 2010

"So Long" Song

It's just before dawn on the eve of my departure. Twenty-four hours from now I will be on a plane bound for South Korea. As I lay here watching the clock, the cacophony of ideas and feelings in me begins to crescendo before I decide to rise, breathe and put the din of the dawn into some kind of lyrics. Most readily, I am struck by how many people have gone out of their way to see me on my way. All of them well-wishers, but each voice comes from a different genre of music in their hearts. Some want to Rock and Roll right along with me, others are so Hip-Hop happy for me they could Pop. For many it has been Easy Listening to my aspirations and a few have cried the Blues about my upcoming absence. There have been choruses of good luck and concerts of goodbyes. I am so grateful to have such a sweet symphony of support. So, before I actually begin this solo performance and leave this Country, I want to sing a song of thanks to each and every one of you as I March forward. I sincerely appreciate your generous tempos, the vibrato in your energies and the chord of love you have struck in my heart. As a coda, I will Rap up this note with a major THANK YOU, I LOVE YOU, and all that Jazz!

5 comments:

  1. This song's for you!! Safe travels!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bon Voyage Kansas!

    Wishing you all the best, memphis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Travel safely, my Friend! I'll be thinking of you every step of the way. Say hello to the Insa-Don for me when you get there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello girl, going to miss seeing your bright face. we wish you all the luck in the world.
    love loretta and rick

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bon Voyage mon amie.Joyeuse aventure.
    Can I join you? I am serious.
    Daniele .Bisous.

    ReplyDelete